I was looking for a thread on Bentham Science Publishers on RG but could not find any.
I recently got an invitation fro the Current Environmental Engineering journal to act as a guest editor. In the email (see below), there was no mention of the group to which the journal belonged. I had to search the Internet for quite a while to eventually find it belonged to Bentham Science Publishers. This publisher appears to be quite questionable and Jeffrey Beall listed it as a potential predatory publisher.
Have you had any encounter with Current Environmental Engineering or Bentham Science Publishers yet? What do you think of them?
Thank you very much to you all for your valuable contributions which will benefit to us all.
Here is the email in question:
Current Environmental Engineering
23 August 2019
Dr. M. Ertz
Universit du Qubec Chicoutimi
Boulevard de l\Universit
Dear Dr. Ertz,
Current Environmental Engineering (CEE), is in the process of appointing Executive Guest Editors. This journal publishes in all areas of environmental sustainability, disaster risk reduction and management, decision and policy making. We would like to propose your name for the position of Executive Guest Editor of Current Environmental Engineering.
Executive Guest Editors are appointed for a period of three years and are expected to submit a proposal for the first thematic issue in a hot and emerging field within 3 months. They are also expected to submit one thematic issue each subsequent year.
The peer review of the articles may be arranged by the guest editor, provided that the list of referees for each article is pre-approved by us. The reviewers should be neutral experts with H-index of above 15. The guest editor would be expected to provide us with at least two referee reports of each article. Publication of thematic issue would be facilitated by the use of our state- of- the- art, article processing system.
The Executive Guest Editors will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A brief CV and photograph of the Executive Guest Editor will be displayed on the journal’s website.
- Executive Guest Editors will be entitled to a waiver of the Open Access fee for any article authored by him/her in their thematic issue (Open Access publishing provides wide accessibility of the article and is normally a paid service. To view some of the Open access articles in the journal, please visit the journal website).
- The Executive Guest Editor will receive a free online access to the journal for the calendar year in which their thematic issue is published.
- The Executive Guest Editor will be given free online access to any 3 books of his/her choice from the Bentham list of E Books.
- The Executive Guest Editor will receive a hard copy of the published thematic issue for personal use.
If this position is of interest to you, please let us know. If you are interested, then kindly send us your brief CV and a list of your recent publications. Kindly also indicate the field of the journal relevant to your area of research.
In case you are not interested in the position of Executive Guest Editor, then you are welcome to submit a general article that fits in to the Aims and Scope of the journal.
We look forward to hearing from you in this regard.
[If you prefer not to receive any further emails, please send us an email with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE”]